Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy day, my first finish of the year!

Yeah!  All right!  It only took 2 months to get this one finished, and I taught myself (via Missouri Star Quilt Co youtube videos) how to put a binding on by hand.  Sweet!



Pretty proud, I also figured out how to get those corners on, for some reason there just aren't instructions anywhere on how to do this!  Of course, maybe that reason is, it's not that hard to figure out... :)
 

binding on, now to the hand sewing
 
oh, and wow, having the fabric go opposite directions on the corners sure makes them lay a lot more flat
 
 
Ta-da!  You can even kinda see the quilting, that hint of moose...
 
 
That's right, it lights up (it's a battery operated necklace I incorporated)

I am so glad it's finished, I'm showing it off to everyone I see today!  Oh, and sometimes I talk about our family cat, and I wanted you to meet Konnie:

 
 
 
These pictures are from Christmas Eve, she's a shedder so dad always puts down a sheet on the couch until just before everyone arrives, and of course, it's just another blanket to her!  That's John and I giving her some lovin's in the 2nd and 3rd pictures, and in the fourth, Christmas morning when she could reclaim her happy place by the fire and under the tree.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
~Brandy



1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I couldn't find your email to send you a note, so I hunted you down. =) I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my Kona blog hop project. The pillow tutorial is the best one i have found! I use it all the time!

I have to say, your moose quilt with lights is simply darling!! What a great idea!!