Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Super Saturday

My package from Fort Worth Fabric Studios arrived the other day, and here's some pictures of the gorgeous Riley Blake Designs Union Jack and coordinates:


I love the different color combos, my favorite is actually the red/black one, I'm not sure why but it's speaking to me the loudest right now.

All the polka dots, and my first Riley Blake chevron :)  The gray on the left is a cross-hatch print which I'm loving right now too.

I thought this was so funny, what an inventive way to show your colors!
 
 
 
I am also happy because my sister's roommate Amanda came over today to work on her disappearing nine-patch (it's only been on hold for 3 months, that's all...) and we made some good progress.  My Bernina gave us fits though, and after wrangling with it for over an hour we switched to my BabyLock, which fortunately was a good girl.  And the other roommate, Alecia, finished her table runner last weekend, here it is:
 
She quilted a 1/4 inch inside the inner squares and it looks really nice.  I feel like she did a very good job for her first sewing project since middle school.  And she's hoping to be able to sew with her mom now, this whole thing is going to be a surprise for her!

 
 

And we had a visit from the Easter Bunny earlier this week!
 

He helped me set up for the day, we almost never decorate for holidays, but I'm trying to change that so I took it upon myself to clean the china cabinet and make a pretty area:
 

The smiley face eggs on the left are from my husband a few years ago, them make me laugh.  And the eggs on a stick in the green basket on the right are actual egg shells that I decorated about 7 years ago.  I'm impressed they have survived this long!


And this concludes my happy Saturday thus far, now I believe we're off to watch a semi-pro football team in Waitsburg, WA and enjoy the sunny afternoon.  Have a great day!
 
~Brandy

No comments: